Tuesday 27 March 2012

I took the one less traveled by


Initially, I was tempted to give the impression of a fork in the road by placing the mirrors at different angles, but in the end the most pleasing composition is when the mirrors are parallel and upright. 

Maybe this is closer to the choices we have in life, the road ahead diverges slowly rather than heading off in completely different directions. 

Fiddling around with these mirrors made me realise how confining I find two dimensional space (in this case, the ground plane).

For those who have asked about my method of working, this image was created by direct programming, rather than the use of GIMP. This method has the advantage, that once the geometry of the original photograph has been established, moving and adjusting the mirror is simply a matter of calculation.